Good Afternoon

Had a good afternoon at the Studio today. I did some raku firing after quickly making up a new glaze to test. The new kiln lid held up well, and the glaze came out close to what I was looking for, more experiments to follow…
New kiln lid!Spiral Test TileBowl ProfileRough Cut PotChopped SidesDrying in the kiln room

Spring Sawdust Firing

I built a quick sawdust kiln, this time adding some chicken wire between the levels to support the work to stop the sawdust getting too compressed.
Sawdust Kiln
Set it on fire and left it covered for a few hours for the smoke to do its thing.
Sawdust Firing
When all the sawdust had burnt away I was left with pile of fired pieces rady to reassemble.
Broken bits
Using some potters glue and some epoxy resin I rebuilt them.
Fracture Lines
Like this…
Rebuilt
I am quite pleased with the results 🙂
Broken forms