I built a quick sawdust kiln, this time adding some chicken wire between the levels to support the work to stop the sawdust getting too compressed.
Set it on fire and left it covered for a few hours for the smoke to do its thing.
When all the sawdust had burnt away I was left with pile of fired pieces rady to reassemble.
Using some potters glue and some epoxy resin I rebuilt them.
I am quite pleased with the results 🙂
While attending the opening of the Hertfordshire Open Exhibition on Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised to hear my name read out as the winner of the St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust Prize! Thanks goes to Kat, Mum and Dad, Marlene, Jo, Mike, Asa and everybody else who has supported and encouraged me with this adventure.