Spring Sawdust Firing

I built a quick sawdust kiln, this time adding some chicken wire between the levels to support the work to stop the sawdust getting too compressed.
Sawdust Kiln
Set it on fire and left it covered for a few hours for the smoke to do its thing.
Sawdust Firing
When all the sawdust had burnt away I was left with pile of fired pieces rady to reassemble.
Broken bits
Using some potters glue and some epoxy resin I rebuilt them.
Fracture Lines
Like this…
Rebuilt
I am quite pleased with the results 🙂
Broken forms

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s